Monday 31 December 2007

Happy as a pig in sh*t!

Well, manure to precise!

It's a sad day when, at age 32 you get all excited about a truck load of sh*t being delivered, but I'm sorry to say that was me on Sunday morning!

Via the wonder that is freecycle I managed to obtain a load of horse manure absolutely free of charge courtesey of a lovely lady called Sue and her partner, who delivered the muck in the back of their horse box - here's how it arrived:




There were around 40 bags (my sore hands will testify) which I then had to barrow up to the other end of the plot. After emptying all the bags I ended up with a right old pile!



That's what it looked like about halfway through - I was surprised how much there actually was. Sue said that she used to deliver it to some dude near her and he used to dig it in straight away - but I think I'll let it rot down a bit over the winter and maybe use some of it in the spring.

Isn't it lovely?

Anyway other than that, there isn't much to tell.

I bought a little bird roost to attach to my now pruned apple tree:



It's a bit blurry, but it was getting dark and my phone doesn't like the dark!

Also bought a little hanging bird feeder (I plan to make a bird table in the new year - using the old trunks of the conifers that we cut down last year).



That's about it for the plot. I'm looking forward to a more productive 2008 and have just purchased a heated propagator to help get things started.

Have a great New Year - see you in 2008!

1 comment:

Kath said...

About sh*t - at least there's plenty of it and it's warm!
Well done lad!