Tuesday 1 February 2011

Terrible two's?

And so it begins! The terrible two's - well that's not exactly true. In fact it's a downright lie! We couldn't ask for more from a son - he's our absolute treasure and even if the two's do turn out to be "terrible" he'll still be our gorgeous boy at the end of it all.

Speaking of two's it also seems that he may well skip the potty (which is about right given that we've spent a fortune on potties and paraphernalia) and go straight to the loo. He much prefers a "toilet wee wee" or "toilet poo poo".

Moving on from one manure related tpoic to another.

It's that time of year when those of you in the gardening community will know that although there isn't much growing going on, there is plenty or work - be it planning, moving, sowing, planning, pruning, browsing, planning or otherwise.

As such I am thinking bout all of those things - admittedly doing little about it to date, but am getting twitchy at the prospect of teh lighter days and warmer temperatures.

Among the tasks that are forming in my mind are to create a couple of raised beds specifically for Hayden (aka Bean) to grow his own little produce or flora. I also need to move the compost heap outside the plot boundaries, create a herb bed....

I may have aleady posted all this - but it's too late to check as my browser has opened the edit page in the same place.

Anyways - I'm pretty sure I haven't posted this before. A couple of years ago I bought a number of raspberry canes - 6 summer, and 6 autumn fruiting. At the time I didn't quite appreciate how rampant raspberries could be, so managed to somehow end up with a mass of raspberry "bush".

My options are thus as I see it;

Try and work out which ones are which (probably resulting in another year without any raspberries) and move them into a more formal arrangement.

Dig them up, throw them out and start again with neat rows, supports and trainers.

I haven't quite made up my mind yet, but optyion 2 is my current favourite.

The more I write, the more I am itching to get onto the plot and get started.

On that note, I am going to stop typing, and concentrate on tomorrow for now. I'm off to the Williams F1 conference centre tomorrow for a work related presentation and meet and greet so I'll leave you with a couple of piccies taken during Bean's birthday weekend.

Ciao for now!



Blowing out his candles all by himself.

No comments: